Buchan portobello pottery blue marl mug produced in the 1960's
height ... 104mm x 75mm ... wide
The Buchan portobello Edinburgh pottery was established in around 1869 by Alexander Williston Buchan, the son of a midlothian farmer. The pottery produced Saltglazed stonware, storage jars, whisky jars and flagons, jam jars, grave side vases, ginger beer bottles, etc. From 1945 their main products were decorative colour wares. in 1972 the pottery in portobello Edinburgh closed.The pottery continued production at Crieff until 2000.